"I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for their assistance in getting my system up and running. So far today it has been so wonderful and have not had the disconnects and time outs. Thanks again for getting this issue resolved."
FAQ & Guides
Webmail - Cannot connect
Webmail, Gmail & General Email Issues
A recent update to Avast has caused several email clients and webmail interfaces to stop working.
We have found that modifying the Avast installation resolves this issue.
To fix (all versions of windows):
- One of the first things you'll want to do is clear your browser's cache/history, if you need help with this, call us.
- Then, navigate to your 'Control Panel' from the 'Start' menu, then choose 'Programs and Features'.
- Once this list loads rightclick on the 'Avast' installation and choose 'Change or Modify' (depending on windows version).
- This will load the Avast interface and give you 3 options, you want to select 'Modify'.
- On this screen you will see multiple items with check boxes, standard installation has just about all of them checked and that is unnecessary.
- Above those items, about the middle of the window it will read 'Which components do you want to install?', just below that is a drop down menu.
- Leftclick on that drop down menu and select 'Minimal Protection' and then click the 'Change' button at the bottom of the window.
- After Avast updates it will prompt you to restart your pc, go ahead and do so.
- Once your pc is back up, try getting your email.
If you are still having issues after these steps or are unable to modify the Avast installation, please call us (217) 965-3699